WARNING! Portable electric generators can be extremely dangerous.
Put Safety First!
• Never connect a generator directly to your home’s wiring.
• Never plug an electric portable generator into a regular household outlet.
• Use proper electrical cords.
• Make sure your generator is properly grounded.
• Carefully read and follow all manufacturer instructions, suggestions and safety precautions.
• Always follow local, state and national fire and electrical codes.
• Always have a fully charged fire extinguisher nearby.
• Never operate indoors — protect yourself from carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Never fuel a generator while it is operating.
Escambia River Electric Cooperative, Inc. strongly encourages our residential customers to have a properly licensed electrician install the equipment necessary to safely connect emergency generators.